- ½ lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 lg. egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. dry bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini pasta
- 1 sm. onion
- ⅓ cup celery, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup carrot, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, stemmed and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, onion powder and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Shape beef mixture into 3/4-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined tray. Bake meatballs for 12 minutes.
- Heat broth in a large pot over medium-high heat until boiling. Stir in pasta, onion, celery and carrot. Return to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook at slow boil, stirring frequently to prevent sticking, until pasta is cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning if needed; reduce the heat to low and add spinach and meatballs.
- Heat thoroughly until spinach is wilted and serve with additional Parmesan.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!