- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup.
- Heat, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes; stir.
- Heat 2 1/4 minutes longer. Stir in peanuts, butter and cinnamon.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-30 seconds or until mixture turns a light amber color (mixture will be very hot).
- Quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla until light and foamy.
- Immediately pour onto a greased baking sheet and spread with a metal spatula.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm; break into small pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.