- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup 2 percent milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2 percent milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to two greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, milk, cinnamon and extract; beat until smooth.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Store in the refrigerator.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!