- For the fruit filling:
- 4 cups sliced apples
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the crumble topping:
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or trans-free margarine
- 3/4 cup of sugar or brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice apples into an 8 by 8 inch greased pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Combine crumble ingredients and sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake at 350° for approximately 1 hour or until topping turns light brown.
- Note: You can also use an alternate version of the crumble topping, with less sugar and butter: 3/4 cup sorghum flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup butter or trans-free margarine.