- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 slices fresh pineapple, each about ½ inch thick
- 1 teaspoon cracked green or black peppercorns
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan combine the glaze ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Keep the glaze warm or reheat when ready to serve.
- Prepare the grill for indirect cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- Season both sides of the pineapple slices with the peppercorns.
- Brush the cooking grates clean.
- Grill the pineapple over indirect medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until well marked, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from the grill and serve each pineapple slice with a scoop of ice cream and some of the glaze drizzled over the top.