- 1 package (18 1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 container (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- McCormick® Black Food Color
- Assorted decorations, such as chocolate sprinkles, black string licorice, red candy-coated pieces and white chocolate chips
Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding vanilla. Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack. Tint frosting black with 1/2 teaspoon black food color. Frost cupcakes, mounding frosting in center of cupcake to create a dome shape. Sprinkle cupcakes with chocolate sprinkles. Cut string licorice into 2-inch lengths and use for the spider legs. Attach candy-coated pieces to flat side of chocolate chips with some frosting. Use for the eyes.
Article printed from Farm and Dairy Recipes: http://www.farmanddairy.com/recipes
URL to article: http://www.farmanddairy.com/recipes/holidays/creepy-crawly-spider-cupcakes
Click here to print.