- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Thin orange or lemon peel strips, optional In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, orange peel, lemon peel and extracts.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- If desired, top with orange peel strips.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.