- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and molasses.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-inch balls, then roll in granulated sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set and tops are cracked.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!