TOLEDO, Ohio — Six northwest Ohio food processing companies were among the first to benefit from a program created by the Center for Innovative Food Technology (CIFT) and Northwest Ohio Chapter of the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT).
The program will support internship engagements for students considering a career in food processing and agriculture.
CIFT established the program, and invited northwest Ohio companies to submit an application.
Eight internships at the following companies were selected by leaders of the Northwest Ohio Chapter IFT for financial support:
• Campbell Soup Co. (Napoleon, Ohio)
• Cooper Farms (St. Henry, Ohio)
• Hirzel Canning Co. and Farms (Toledo, Ohio)
• The Mennel Milling Co. (Fostoria, Ohio)
• Pepperidge Farm (Willard, Ohio)
• Pro-Pet (St. Marys, Ohio)
Like many other industries, food processing is challenged by its ability to locate and retain highly qualified and skilled professional workers.
For more information, call 419-535-6000.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!