CANFIELD, Ohio – The Mahoning County 4-H alumni and the county 4-H program will mark the 100th anniversary of 4-H with a Jan. 15 open house at the Mahoning County Extension office. It will be from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Guests are invited to bring any memorabilia as well as their personal memories. There will be displays, and cookies and beverages will be served.
4-H had its beginnings in 1902 in Clark County when A. B. Graham began an after school boys and girls club for farm youth. It came to Mahoning County in 1915 with the first county agent, D.W. Galehouse.
The first 4-H exhibit building was erected on the Canfield Fairgrounds in 1924, and the Junior Fair Board was established in 1931.
For further information about the open house contact Connie Wolf at 330-547-5033 or Sarah Matkoskey at 330-799-5015.