Almond Milk Cooler
- 1 2/3 cups blanched almonds
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 tbsp. light agave nectar
- 10 ice cubes
- Bring the almonds, milk, and lemon zest to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Transfer the almond mixture to a blender. Remove the middle spout from the lid, place a towel over the hole, and puree the almond mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the agave nectar, and add the ice cubes. Process until smooth, and whip until frothy. Chill in clear glasses for an hour or until cold, then serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!