- 3 s baby carrots (about 1 1/2 bags)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon low-calorie margarine
- 3 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 2/3 low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon water
In steamer over 2 inches of boiling water, steam carrots, covered, 3 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Melt margarine in medium skillet over medium heat. Add apple juice concentrate and cook until it melts. Add broth and cinnamon and bring to boil. Mix together cornstarch or arrowroot powder with water. Add to skillet, lower heat, and cook until thickened. Add carrots and toss well to coat.
Calories 61; Total Fat 1 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 77 mg; Total Carbohydrate 12 g; Protein 1 g
No need for sticky brown sugar and high-fat butter; let the natural, sweet taste of the carrots shine through.