- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/4 light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 light or dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves or large pieces
- Heat oven to 350°. Coarsely chop 4 squares of chocolate and set aside. Line 9-inch pie plate as directed on package with pie crust.
- Microwave remaining 4 squares of chocolate and butter in large microwavable bowl on high 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Brush bottom of pie crust with small amount of beaten egg.
- Stir sugar, corn syrup, eggs and vanilla into chocolate mixture until well blended. Stir in pecans and chopped chocolate. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 55 minutes or until knife inserted 2 inches from edge comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!