- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup apples, grated
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 cup dark corn syrup
- Dash of salt
Directions for Pancakes:
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and nutmeg in mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix baking soda, egg, butter, vanilla, and milk.
- Combine both mixtures stirring only until blended.
- Fold in grated apple.
- Bake on hot, lightly greased griddle.
- When batter is full of holes, turn to brown on other side.
- Turn pancakes only once while cooking.
Directions for Sauce:
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add apples and sauté until just brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add maple and corn syrup to apples and stir gently.
- Let cook another 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Serve with Apple Pancakes.
Pancake prep and cook time: 15 minutes
Sauce prep and cook time: 10 minutes
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!