- 2c flour
- 2T sugar
- 1t salt
- 1/2t baking powder
- 1/3c shortening
- 1/3c unsalted butter
- 1T vinegar
- 1/3c heavy cream
- 6 cups apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1c sliced rhubarb
- 2t lime juice
- 1 1/2T unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 1/8c sugar
- 3T minute tapioca
- 2T cornstarch
- 1/2t cinnamon
- 1/4t nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2c brown sugar
- 1/2c unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4t cinnamon
- Mix dry ingredients together for the crust.
- Cut in shortening and butter.
- Add vinegar and cream. Mix together well.
- Form into two disks and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll out one disk and place in deep dish pie plate.
- Mix filling ingredients together and fill pie plate.
- Roll out remaining dough and cut into strips.
- Place several strips across filling, leaving space in between.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Mix together thoroughly topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over pie and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.