- 16-oz. tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1-1/2 c. self-rising cornmeal
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green tomatoes, thickly sliced
- Garnish: mayonnaise
- Bake biscuits according to package directions; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Pour buttermilk into a shallow bowl. On a small plate, combine cornmeal, salt and pepper.
- Dip tomato slices into buttermilk and then cornmeal mixture, until thickly coated on both sides.
- Fry tomatoes in reserved drippings over medium-high heat for 4 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels. Split biscuits; spread one biscuit half with mayonnaise.
- Top with a tomato slice, bacon and top half of biscuit. Serves 4 to 8.