Applesauce French Toast
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla and applesauce. Mix well.
- Soak bread one slice at a time until mixture is slightly absorbed.
- Lightly spray or oil a skillet or griddle. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- To use sweetened applesauce, remove about 3/4 teaspoon of sugar from the measured amount.
- Top with applesauce, fresh fruit or yogurt.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!