- 5 lb. fully cooked whole boneless ham
- 1/3 brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, in 325° oven 1 1/4 hours or until meat thermometer registers 140° (about 15-18 minutes per pound).
For glaze, in small saucepan combine brown sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and cloves. Stir in apricot nectar and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
Brush ham with glaze. Continue baking 15-20 minutes more, brushing occasionally with glaze.
Source: National Pork Board
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!