- 1/4 light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chives or green onion tops, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- Basic lean beef burgers
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
shredded Napa cabbage or lettuce, bell pepper strips, bean sprouts
Combine Ginger-Lemon Mayonnaise ingredients in small bowl; refrigerate until ready to use.
Prepare Basic Lean Beef Burger recipe. Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 11 to 13 minutes to medium (160°) doneness, until no longer pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning occasionally and basting with soy sauce during last 5 minutes of grilling. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. Place burger on bottom of each bun; top with equal amount of mayonnaise and toppings, if desired. Close sandwiches.
Tip: Serve with rice to complement the Asian spin.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!