- Oriental noodles (6 oz)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cabbage ? red, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1 cup bell peppers, strips
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 cup snap peas, fresh (blanched) or frozen
- Water chestnuts (8 oz) ? sliced, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Cook pasta to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain, rinse with cold water and let drain well. In small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Place cooked pasta in a medium bowl. Pour half of the dressing mix over pasta, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to blend flavors. Combine marinated pasta, salad ingredients and remaining dressing, tossing to coat.
Recipe from Pennsylvania Vegetable Growers Association.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!