Asian Pork Chops
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce (low-sodium)
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 lbs. pork loin boneless chops (divided into 4 portions)
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro (chopped)
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, water, 1 tablespoon canola oil, crushed red pepper, and garlic. Add the pork chops and marinate them in refrigerator for 20 minutes or longer.
- Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes; until tender. Add 1/2 tablespoon canola oil to a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork chops and sear for about 5 minutes per side or until done. (Reserve marinade for later).
- Place the marinade in a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer about 2 minutes.
- Place the pork chops on serving platter and pour the cooked marinade over them. Top the pork chops with chopped cilantro and serve with the steamed broccoli.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!