Chicken Nacho Casserole
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lbs. chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces)
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes (15-ounce, diced)
- 1 cup black beans (no salt added, drained and rinsed)
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese (reduced-fat, shredded)
- 1 1/2 oz. baked tortilla chips, crushed (about 24)
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Spray a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken with black pepper. Spray a large sauté pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Add the chicken and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, black beans, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder to the pan. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the chicken mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and then top with the crushed tortilla chips. Bake 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!