Arugula & Canadian Bacon Omelet
- 2 tablespoons Butter divided
- 1 cup Arugula
- 4 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons Red onions chopped
- 3 Egg Whites
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 heaping tablespoon Basil fresh, sliced
- 1 slice Canadian Bacon chopped
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add arugula, tomatoes and onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from skillet and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- Whisk egg whites with pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Melt remaining butter in skillet over medium heat. Pour in eggs and cook for about 5 seconds. Lift cooked egg up around edges to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath, until omelet is set but top is still moist, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Arrange vegetables, basil and Canadian Bacon on one half of omelet and carefully fold over. Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through. Transfer omelet to plate and serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!