- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 8 slices sourdough bread (1/4-inch thick)
- 4 slices ham (1/8-inch thick)
- 1 small apple (about 5 ounces) cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1-1/2 cup (6 ounces) grated cheddar
- On 4 slices of bread, butter one side of each slice. On each unbuttered side, place a slice of ham, 4 to 5 apple slices and 1/4 of the grated cheese.
- Butter the remaining 4 bread slices and place, buttered-side up, on top of each sandwich, pressing down slightly. Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat, cover and cook each sandwich for 4 to 5 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has begun to melt.
- Flip the sandwich and cover for another 4 minutes, or until both sides are golden brown and the cheese has melted completely. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 sandwiches.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!