- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour*
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup finely mashed avocado from 1 large, ripe avocado
- 4 oz. butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 pkg. 12-ounce semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks, from 2 large eggs (save whites for another purpose or discard)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the mashed avocado and butter until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds. Add the brown and white sugar and mix on medium speed until fluffy and well combined.
- Add egg yolks, one a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla
- With mixer on low speed. slowly add flour mixture. Beat just until all flour is incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop up dough into rounded mounds on prepared sheet pans, spacing mounds two inches apart. Flatten slightly with your fingertips.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
*you can also use 2 1/2 cups of the white whole wheat flour and omit the all-purpose flour, if desired
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!