- 3 large or 5 medium strawberries, washed and hulled, from 1-pound container
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar plus extra for berry puree
- 1/3 cup fruity, extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoon sugar
- For the Salad:
- 5-6 ounces baby bitter greens mixture (spinach, arugula, mache, watercress) or all spinach
- Remaining strawberries, sliced 1/3 cup packaged oven-roasted almond slices
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Make the dressing. Whirl the 3 to 5 strawberries in a blender with a dash of balsamic vinegar until pureed (or mash by hand). In a small bowl, whisk the 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, olive oil and sugar until well blended. Whisk in pureed berries. Place greens in salad bowl. Add desired amount of dressing and toss. Add almond slices and blue cheese and lightly toss. Serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!