- 1 9? unbaked pie crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion*
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red and green bell peppers*
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 3 large eggs
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 5 slices crisp, crumbled bacon**
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- 1 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- Dash salt & pepper
- Parsley, optional
Poke holes on inside of pie crust with fork. Line inside of pie crust with foil and bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil and bake additional 5 minutes or until crust is set and dry. Remove and reduce oven to 350°. Sauté onions, peppers, and mushrooms in butter until softened. Combine vegetables with remaining ingredients and pour mixture into pie crust. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until center is set. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Top each slice with dollop of sour cream. Servings 12
* Use packaged frozen peppers and onions. My local Save-A Lot carries them regularly; it?s a mix of red, green and yellow peppers (also great for hot sausage sandwiches).
** Use ready-cooked bacon.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!