- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread (20 inches)
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 5 slices process Swiss cheese
- 5 bacon strips
- Cut bread into 1-in.-thick slices, leaving slices attached at bottom.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, onions and mustard; spread on both sides of each slice of bread.
- Cut each cheese slice diagonally into four triangles; place between the slices of bread.
- Cut bacon in half widthwise and then lengthwise; drape a piece over each slice.
- Place the loaf on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!