- 1 pound precooked pot roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning mix
Heat oven to 350°. Shred beef into small pieces. In hot vegetable oil, sauté the onion, pepper and garlic until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the beef, rice, tomatoes and green chilies and taco seasoning. Transfer to a 3-quart casserole dish and bake until bubbling hot, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake until cheese melts, 2 to 3 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!