Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- Bow tie or other shaped pasta (8 oz) box
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- Reduced-sodium baked ham or smoked turkey (4 oz), diced
- 8 ounces reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, green and white parts, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Immediately rinse with cold water, drain well. Meanwhile, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, relish, white pepper and pepper sauce in a small bowl; set aside in the refrigerator to chill. Combine the cooled pasta, ham, cheese, red pepper and scallions in a large bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise mixture just before serving. Garnish with paprika.
Recipe provided by the National Dairy Council.