- 2 tablespoons light buttery spread
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 medium potatoes (baked, peeled and mashed)
- 3 cups prepared instant nonfat dry milk
- 1 can low-sodium chicken broth (about 14.5 ounces)
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- pepper, and salt to taste
- Melt light buttery spread in a large saucepot over medium heat and add chopped onion, stirring every once in awhile until onions are clear.
- Stir in potatoes, milk and broth; continue to stir until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring every once in awhile.
- Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup cheese.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!