Submitted by Debra Flinner of Canton, Oh
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup croutons
- 1 t. salt
- Remove stem ends from tomatoes; cut thin slice from bottom of tomatoes to prevent tipping.
- Remove pulp from tomatoes, leaving 1/2 inch wall.
- Chop enough pulp to measure 1/3 cup.
- Mix tomato pulp, green pepper, cheese, croutons and salt.
- Fill tomatoes with cheese mixture.
- Place tomatoes in ungreased 13×9 baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 350° oven about 20 minutes or heated through.
- Garnish with parsley or crumbled crispy bacon.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!