- 6 medium shallots, peeled, cut into fourths
- ½ cup olive oil 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 4 medium firm, ripe, Florida tomatoes, cut into fourths
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- Peppercorn mix, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour 2 t. of the olive oil over the shallots and place in baking dish.
- Bake until charred, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Whisk the balsamic vinegar with the Dijon mustard.
- Gradually add the remaining olive oil and whisk until creamy.
- Salt to taste and set aside.
- In a medium salad bowl, combine the roasted shallots, tomatoes, and the arugula.
- Toss with the oil and vinegar mixture until well coated.
- Sprinkle with peppercorn mix and toss.
- Divide salad on 4 individual salad plates and serve at room temperature.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!