- 4 medium sized fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 2 cups chicken, cooked, shredded and chilled
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, small diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, small diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 small onion, small diced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Rinse tomatoes under cold running water and pat dry with clean paper towels.
- With a sharp serrated knife, slice off the top part of the tomato that was attached to the vine.
- Turn the tomato over and make 4 to 5 slices almost all the way down being careful not to slice all the way through the tomato.
- Set tomatoes aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all ingredients except the tomatoes.
- Taste chicken salad and adjust seasoning with the kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Using a fork, separate the sliced tomatoes open and fill with chicken salad.
- Serve chilled.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!