- 4 large tomatoes, cored, each cut into 3 thick slices
- 4 large leaves fresh basil
- 4 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Lightly brush some olive oil on a baking pan. Arrange tomato slices, cut side up, in single layer. Chop leaf herbs and garlic. Blend bread crumbs, oil and half of the herb and garlic mixture. Sprinkle tops of tomatoes with crumb mixture. Bake at 375° until crumbs are lightly browned. Spread tomatoes on a platter. Sprinkle with remaining herb and garlic mixture and drizzle with more olive oil.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!