- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup hot water or boiling water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine the oats and hot water. Let sit for 1 to 2 minutes until the oats are creamy and tender. Stir in oil and sugar; set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon; whisk to blend.
- Add the milk, yogurt and banana to the oats and stir until well-blended. Beat in the egg. Add the flour mixture to the oat mixture and stir until just moistened. Place a nonstick frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Once hot, spoon 1/4 cup pancake batter into the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes, until the top surface of the pancake is covered with bubbles and the edges are lightly browned. Flip the pancake and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining pancake batter.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!