Ingredients for Crust:
- 10 chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Ingredients for Filling:
- 2 8-ounce packages Neufchatel cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups puréed bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Topping:
- 3 banana, sliced
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- chocolate syrup
- Crust: Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees. In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, add graham crackers, sugar and butter. Process until completely combined. Press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Filling: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in cornstarch. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just blended after each addition. Add puréed banana, sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Beat just until combined.
- Bake until center of cake is just set, about one hour. Turn off oven and allow cheesecake to remain in oven for another 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Refrigerate cake until well chilled, six hours or overnight.
- Topping: When ready to serve, place sliced bananas and strawberries on top of cake and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!