(Makes 10 to 12 servings)
- 1 (8×8-inch pan size) package brownie mix
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 (10-ounce) package peanut butter chips, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter-flavored shortening
- Preheat oven to 350º. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Spoon batter in 9-inch springform pan. Bake 20 minutes. Cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325º.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk. Add chips, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Pour filling over baked brownie. Place pan in a large baking pan with 1-inch hot water (keeps brownie from over baking).
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Turn oven off; remove baking pan with water. Let cheesecake cool in oven 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven; chill 1 hour. Remove side from springform pan.
- In small saucepan, melt chips with shortening; stir until smooth. Spread chocolate glaze over top and sides of cheesecake. Chill 3 hours. Garnish as desired.