- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground American lamb
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 cups bottled barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 pita breads (5- to 7-inch)
- 8 canned pineapple slices, cut in half
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add bell pepper and onion; cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add lamb and garlic salt and cook until brown, stirring to crumble. Drain well. Preheat oven to 400°.
In bowl mix together barbecue sauce and cayenne pepper. Add 1 cup barbecue sauce mixture to cooked lamb. Spread 2 tablespoons remaining barbecue sauce on each pita bread. Top each pita bread with 4 pieces pineapple and 1/2 cup lamb mixture. Sprinkle each pita with 2 tablespoons cheese. Bake in oven until topping is hot and cheese is melted. Cut each pizza into 4 or 8 wedges. Servings: 8 entree.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!