- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 package (40 ounces) fresh or frozen chicken wingettes, thawed
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, for 8 minutes or until golden brown and juices run clear, turning occasionally.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, butter, celery seed and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl; add sauce and toss to coat.
- Yield: 6 servings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!