- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, optional, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce, jam, chopped onion, peppers, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon liquid smoke if desired and salt; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section.
- Place chicken wings in a greased 15 by 10 by 1-inch baking pan.
- Top with sliced onion and remaining garlic.
- Combine water and remaining liquid smoke if desired; pour over wings.
- Cover and bake at 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Transfer wings to a greased broiler pan; brush with sauce.
- Broil 4-6 inches from heat 20-25 minutes, turning and basting every 5 minutes or until wings are well coated.
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!