- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 2 small unpeeled red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375°. Place a foil sheet, approximately 12 by 12 inches, on a work surface. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the barbecue sauce in the center of the foil sheet. Place one chicken breast half over barbecue sauce and spread another teaspoon of sauce over chicken. Top with a quarter of the potato, bell pepper and onion. Sprinkle with a little of the salt and pepper. Fold foil in half to cover contents; make narrow folds along edges to seal. Repeat with remaining ingredients to assemble three more packets. Place packets on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes. Open foil packets with scissors and carefully pull back edges (contents may be very hot). Sprinkle a quarter of the cheese over the top of each chicken breast half and return to oven, unsealed, for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. With a spatula, transfer the contents of each packet onto individual serving plates, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!