- 3 peaches, peeled, pitted and halved
- Juice from peaches being peeled and cut
- 1/2 cup cooking or salad oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoons salt
- Few grains black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut in 2 inch squares
- 12 cooked small whole onions
- 2 green peppers, cut in 2 inch squares
- Mix thoroughly in a shallow dish the peach juice, oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, minced onion, salt, pepper, ginger and garlic.
- Add steak pieces and turn until pieces are coated.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning pieces several times.
- Remove meat from marinade and drain.
- Thread meat pieces on 8-inch skewers alternately with onions and green pepper squares; put kabob pieces close together for rare meat, separate them slightly for well-done meat.
- Arrange kabobs on broiler rack and brush with reserved marinade.
- Broil with tops of kabobs about 3 inches from source of heat, 7 to 10 minutes, turning kabobs several times; brush frequently with marinade.
- Test for doneness by cutting a slit in meat and noting internal color of meat.
- During last 3 minutes of cooking, spear a peach half on the end of each skewer, brush with marinade and finish broiling.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!