- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 4 flour tortillas (10-inch diameter)
- Vegetable oil
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400°. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings. Return beef to skillet; season with salt and oregano. Lightly brush tortillas with oil. Place on 2 ungreased large baking sheets. Bake in 400° oven 3 minutes. Spoon beef mixture evenly on tortillas; top with tomato. Sprinkle with basil, then with cheeses. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned and cheeses are melted.
Recipe provided by The Beef Checkoff.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!