- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 4 flour tortillas (10-inch diameter)
- Vegetable oil
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400°. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings. Return beef to skillet; season with salt and oregano. Lightly brush tortillas with oil. Place on 2 ungreased large baking sheets. Bake in 400° oven 3 minutes. Spoon beef mixture evenly on tortillas; top with tomato. Sprinkle with basil, then with cheeses. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned and cheeses are melted.
Recipe provided by The Beef Checkoff.