- 1 12 oz. bag frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 2 cups frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup reduced fat buttermilk baking mix
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
Heat oven to 375°. Combine fruits*, ½ cup brown sugar, cornstarch and spices. Mix well. Spoon mixture into 8- or 9- inch baking dish. Combine baking mix, ¼ cup brown sugar, sour cream and milk; mix well to form a stiff batter. Drop batter over cherry mixture, forming 6 mounds. Bake 30 ? 35 minutes until bubbly and cobbler topping is golden brown. Let stand 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*To save on clean-up time, thaw and mix berries in the baking dish.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!