Mary Ann Dowd submitted this Black Bean Lasagna recipe to us. Thanks for sharing, Mary Ann!
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans (15 oz each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (6 oz each) tomato paste
- 1 container (15 oz) nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup eggbeaters or 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups shredded reduced fat Monterey jack cheese
Cook and drain noodles as directed on package. Rinse with hot water; drain. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic in oil, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Stir in water, beans, tomatoes and tomato paste, breaking up tomatoes. Simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix remaining ingredients except Monterey Jack cheese. Heat oven to 350°. Layer 1/3 each of the noodles, bean mixture, ricotta mixture and Monterey Jack cheese in sprayed rectangular baking dish, 13 by 9 by 2 inches. Repeat layers twice. Bake uncovered 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting.