- 1 pound top round beef
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper
- 1/8 tsp. mustard (dry)
- 8 potatoes (red-skinned, halved)
- 3 cups onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 garlic clove (large, minced)
- 2 carrot (large, peeled, cut into very thin strips)
- 4 cups kale (1 bunch)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Partially freeze beef.
- Thinly slice across the grain into long strips 1/8 inch thick and 3 inches wide.
- Combine paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper, and dry mustard. Coat strips of meat with the spice mixture.
- Spray a large heavy skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat pan over high heat. Add meat; cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, onion, broth, and garlic. Cook covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes. Stir in carrots, lay greens over top and cook, covered, until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve in large serving bowl, with crusty bread for dunking.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!