Blueberry Cream Pie
- 2-1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-1/3 cups nondairy whipped topping
- 1 (9-inch) prepared graham cracker pie crust
- Fresh blueberries, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan combine frozen blueberries, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Stir.
- Cover; cook over low heat , stirring occasionally, until berries thaw and the mixture starts to simmer, 5 to 7 minutes; remove lid.
- Boil until thickened 1 minute; set aside. Let cool to room temperature.
- When blueberry mixture is cool, prepare pie. In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, yogurt and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar. Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping. Spoon half of the mixture into the pie crust. Spread with the cooled blueberry mixture.
- Carefully top with dollops of the remaining cheese mixture; spread carefully over blueberry mixture to cover.
- Chill until set, about 5 hours. Garnish with fresh blueberries.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!