- 1 1/2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely snipped chopped candied lemon peel
- 1/2 cup snipped dried cherries, strawberries, apples, or apricots
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Layer all ingredients in a 1-quart canning jar. Tap gently between layers to settle before adding the next. Add additional dried fruits to fill in any small gaps if necessary.
Attach a gift tag with the following directions:
Breakfast Muffin Mix in a Jar
Beat 1/4 cup melted butter, 1 cup milk (or vanilla yogurt) and 1 egg together in a mixing bowl until combined. Stir in contents of jar. Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups and bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Transfer to wire rack and cool slightly; serve warm.
For a special gift, include a muffin tin with this mix.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!