- 2 large potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- crumbled Cotija cheese, optional
- In a 400º F oven bake the potatoes for an hour, or until done. Let the potatoes cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, brown the chorizo in a large skillet. Remove from the skillet and reserve in a bowl.
- When the potatoes have cooled enough to be handled, turn them on their side and slice them in half
- Place the potato into a medium bowl, then mix in the butter, salt, pepper and reserved chorizo sausage.
- Put the filling back into the skins. Make an indentation for the egg by pressing the filling up the side of the skin. Crack one egg at a time into a small bowl. Carefully pour one egg into each skin.
- Bake the potatoes in a 350º F oven for 23-25 minutes, or until the whites of the egg are set.
- Top the potato skins with crumbled Cotija cheese if desired.
lengthwise. Scoop out the potato, leaving just enough for the skin to hold its shape.
Time Saving Tip: Bake and stuff the potatoes the night before. Place the eggs into each potato and bake for 25-28 minutes.